Cohort 6 Mentee Application
We welcome applications for the 2021/2022 mentee cohort of 40 students.
Deadline for applications extended to: April 16th, 2021, at Midnight
*Emailed applications will not be accepted. All submissions should be submitted via application form
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. A Kenyan full-time/part-time university, polytechnic, or college student pursuing a tech-aligned diploma or degree program. Students whose diploma/degree is not within IT but who integrate their work with technology (e.g Bio-Informatics, Law with Technology, Information Science, Computational Chemistry, etc) are welcome to apply.
2. Must have AT LEAST 4 months or one full term left before completing their studies, as of July 2021. This means that a student must still have courses to complete with a minimum duration of at least 4 months/1 term left to complete these courses. Unfortunately, we currently do not accept students who have already completed their studies and are waiting for graduation, or those who have already graduated.
3. Possess a minimum overall GPA/Score of grade C, due to the demanding nature of the mentorship program, which is additional to a mentee's school work.
4. Possess the ability to commit to a rigorous program from July 2021 to May 2022, with scheduled breaks in between.
Please prepare the following documents before starting the application
1. A verifiable, current transcript. In the absence of an up-to-date transcript, applicants can submit a transcript from the previous term. Transcripts that are more than 6 months old are not allowed. First-year students who have not received any results can submit an admission letter.
2. An introduction letter from the school verifying that you are a student at the institution, stating your course and level of study. For first-year students who are in their first term, this can be the admission letter.
2. A 1-page reference letter from a teacher, mentor, or employer to support your application, motivating your need for mentorship. The letter should be in pdf format, signed, and contains the contact details of the referee.
3. Two essays addressing the following questions:
a.) What is one important thing you imagine contributing to the world upon graduating from KamiLimu? (Max 550 words)
b) What is one thing you would like us to know about you? (Max 400 words)
Both essays should be saved in one doc/docx file, each on its own page